Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Create Text Note Objects using OOTB DynamoBIM Nodes

Its finally here! As far as I know is this the first annotation object that you could create in Revit using OOTB Dynamo nodes. To create the text note(s) simply follow the image below. There will be more advanced text note creation images to follow.
Note that this text note creation node is only available with dynamo version 1.1.1 and above. This blog post used a daily build (not stable build) of dynamo and therefore this node is subject to change. Enjoy it and lets all welcome annotation create OOTB nodes in Dynamo. This is the start of something beautiful. There are also create dimension nodes and create tag nodes in this version as well. Stay tuned for some images on how to create those annotation objects in my blog posts to follow. Make sure to thank and hug a dynamo developer when you see one! 

4 comments:

Haden D. Smith, AIA said...

Can you please tell me how I can go about using this node? I am just learning Dynamo, and I"m trying to put together a way to create a series of text strings, one for each text type in the .rvt project file. When I open Dynamo (version 1.2.0.0) and search "TextNote" I get no results for any note with that search string.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Marcello Sgambelluri said...

you need to get at least v 1.1.1 or 1.2

Haden D. Smith, AIA said...

Thanks for your reply, Marcello. Like I stated in my post above, this IS with Dynamo version 1.2.0.0. Is it possible that this new node was removed after version 1.1.1? Otherwise, maybe I am missing something. If there is a way for me to send you a screenshot, I can do so. Thanks again.

Martin Taurer said...

When in Dynamo 1.2.0 you need to search for ".ByLocation" - this will bring up Room.ByLocation and TextNote.ByLocation...